Coax cable

Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use for TV outlets round the house?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

WF100

Reply to
Andy Burns

OK Ta.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb formulated the question :

CT 100, which I understand is no longer made, but there is a similar replacement. It is triple screened, versus the single screen of the old brown cable.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

OK Bill. I think that has fully covered the subject:-)

Prices seem to have moved on a bit since you wrote that!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It would be interesting to know if coax cable does degenerate if used mainly away from weather and animal damage sources. Do you really need triple screening if the screen of woven copper is pretty good. One of my main annoyances was that the brown or white single screened stuff used to be much better than the more recent versions, ie much of the newer stuff has very wide weave on the b5raid, but the original stuff was very good in this area.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian Gaff has brought this to us :

In my experience and in an RF rich environment, yes. It helps keep much of the unwanted interference out of the coax.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The whole website needs updating. The trouble is, since I retired I've been too busy.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

+1
Reply to
charles

Does it depend on whether you're only splitting the digital signal (ie the aerial downfeed) or distributing analogue too (eg from a Sky RF-out socket)?

I'd assume the former is less prone to local RF interference so cabling wouldn't be so critical.

Reply to
LSR