Coax cable

Can someone kindly remind me what the consensus was for best coax to use for TV outlets round the house?
--
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb wrote:

WF100

OK Ta.
--
Tim Lamb

Tim Lamb formulated the question :

CT 100, which I understand is no longer made, but there is a similar replacement. It is triple screened, versus the single screen of the old brown cable.
It would be interesting to know if coax cable does degenerate if used mainly away from weather and animal damage sources. Do you really need triple screening if the screen of woven copper is pretty good. One of my main annoyances was that the brown or white single screened stuff used to be much better than the more recent versions, ie much of the newer stuff has very wide weave on the b5raid, but the original stuff was very good in this area.
Brian
--
----- -
Brian Gaff has brought this to us :

In my experience and in an RF rich environment, yes. It helps keep much of the unwanted interference out of the coax.
On 01/02/2017 18:29, Tim Lamb wrote:

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/articles/coax-cable-quality.shtml
Bill

OK Bill. I think that has fully covered the subject:-)
Prices seem to have moved on a bit since you wrote that!
--
Tim Lamb

On 01/02/2017 20:29, Tim Lamb wrote:

The whole website needs updating. The trouble is, since I retired I've been too busy.
Bill

+1
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On 01/02/2017 18:29, Tim Lamb wrote:

Does it depend on whether you're only splitting the digital signal (ie the aerial downfeed) or distributing analogue too (eg from a Sky RF-out socket)?
I'd assume the former is less prone to local RF interference so cabling wouldn't be so critical.
--
Reentrant