Salamander or Stuart Turner - which are quieter?

Hi I am trying to decide between the Salamander CT50 [1.5bar] and the Staurt Turner 1.4bar SHowermate shwer pumps. I understand both are considerred reputable makes in this field. Both are within my propsed price range [£129 and £155 respectively] so i am left with relative noise i think to decide between them. So, which is quieter? Thanks

Reply to
Riz1

I have a Stuart Turner 1.8 bar pump and one of my neighbours has a Salamander and a Stuart Turner 1.4 bar..

The Stuart Turner 1.4bar is quieter than the Salamander and the Stuart Turner 1.8 bar quieter than both by quite a degree.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Which avoids the point that all three are still noisy.

Reply to
IMM

wow now that is eye opening. i was sorely tempted to get the 1.8bar pump as i found a website which is selling it for £159 [inc vat/del] when the 1.4bar is £155. i presume it is special since this is usually much more than that.

I am only a little hesitatant since Stuart Turner themselves recommended the 1.4 bar would be more appropriate [and to "not exceed the 1.8bar one"] for my garvity fed system based on an email enquiry: but the 1.8 seems a sturdier build as well as the noise issue you mention.

noise apart, what other discriminators can you shed between these 3 pumps? all advise appreciated.

Reply to
Riz1

I am talking about the Showermate version in the plastic case here. Part of the reason for it being quieter is that it is line with sound deadening material.

I don't know about spares/service provision by Salamander, but Stuart Turner's is very good - comprehensive spares availability and good advice

Reply to
Andy Hall

Salamander are good

Reply to
IMM

confused now - Stuart Turner customer support emailed me back and said the 1,8bar is noisier than the 1.4bar [more power=less noise]...

Reply to
Riz1

True, all pumps will make noise....need to pick one with lesser ones...and Salamander is NOT a quite one

Reply to
Rob Williams

Posted 17 years ago !!.

Is this an all-time record ?.

I expect the scream of 'HOW MUCH ?' when its 2022 inflated price is discovered, will drown out the noise of the pump.

Reply to
Andrew

Toolstation have the Shower mate 1.8 twin at 146.24, so big surprise there.

John

Reply to
JohnW