Ryobi -Expand It petrol pruner/ hedge trimmer (follow up)

I while ago I asked for feedback on Ryobi petrol 'expand it' system.

In general comments were fair ... I found a supplier on line that sold guaranteed units ... catalogue returns. I ordered the Ryobi 30cc pruner unit, (pole chain saw) with AFH04 articulated hedge trimmer, and expansion pole. The individual items would be over £252 .. yet buying this route the lost acme to £89 incl delivery.

What turned up was even better, they had run out of the standard 30cc power units, and had substituted the electric start version. It arrived brand new ... never been started.

Used it over w/end for first time ..... it starts superbly, touch the button and it start effortlessly ... and with touch start means you are more inclined to stop it when you moving etc.

The expansion pole meant I could hedge trim to 2.5m height, including the 'flat top'

I was impressed with the chain-saw pruner ... it absolutely flew through thick branches (3"+) of some oak tress I wanted to trim back ..very effective.

So at least 'so-far' the Ryobi system gets a solid thumbs-up from me.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Could you share the name of the supplier, please :-)

Reply to
David WE Roberts

That mirrors my experience also. I've had a 30cc Ryobi strimmer for at least 5 years now, and it always starts easily and works without issue. I've had to replace the chain on the pruner attachment a few times now through wear, but otherwise it is fine. I also have the blower attachment, which is quite effective - especially at terrifying the dog!

Reply to
Alan Deane

Sure ... the supplier was "Tennants Lawn Mower Services - Blackpool"

Although only knew that from invoice .. I dealt with their eBay shop ... .. just looked now and a large list of kit there:-

kit came with warranty, buying from them was a breeze ... but I have no idea what they would be like if something went faulty.

I saved over 50% compared to Screwfix price for same items.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I use one as a light duty brushcutter on the farm. The touch start model. I have another for use at home. They are little lightweight by comparison with the real farming kit. This is appreciated by SWMBO. One battery pack, on the home machine, failed and was a warranty replacement. No quibbles but it was via Makro who don't often argue.

Reply to
Steve Firth