Tune up for Ryobi 31cc string trimmer two stroke engine

This trimmer looks to be about five years old, it's in pretty good shape. I put new gas/oil in it, but I can't get it to start. Does anyone know of any tune up guides for this engine? I would like to save the money and do it myself if possible.

Thanks!

Reply to
Jeff McAhren

The carburator is probably gunked up with bad gas. At one time the carburators were about $25 so it was not worth the time and expense to rebuild them. If you are carefull you maybe able to get the carb apart with out ripping any of the gaskets or diaphragms to clean it out. Geg

Reply to
Greg O