RIP: Blockbuster

I still don;t and dpoing that 10 years ago was expensive =A35 delivery =A33=

0 minium was what put me off.

I dont; shop at the weekiend anyway I get everything on the way home from w= ork. even brough my ipad on the way home, duvet, I hate weekend shopping.

Reply to
whisky-dave

horses, courses. Our weekly shop is rarely less than £80, and £5 is money well spent if it saves 2 hours of our time on a Saturday.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Its the 20 mile round trip that we save.

Reply to
Tim Streater

It's actually painful trying to navigate around that.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Probably set up by the same person who typeset their adverts in EE

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I have bought shoes online without problems. If you are buying from the same manufacture they are likely to be built upon the same last, so if one pair fits all the others in the range are like to be similar.

Reply to
djc

We pay Ocado £99 a year for delivery, and probably get 50 deliveries. So, £2 a throw, and only have to spend £40 each time.

£2 will get us to the supermarket and back, sure. Add in wear and tear (on car and us) and I'm not so sure!
Reply to
Bob Eager

On Friday 18 January 2013 18:40 Grimly Curmudgeon wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Why do I have to select and highlight the left column to even see the link text?

Wow - that's right out of the 90's!

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Friday 18 January 2013 00:18 Owain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Only if they had a shop in Croydon - somewhere just along from West Croydon Station IIRC - and this was like 35 years ago!

Reply to
Tim Watts

I can't even work out what I'm supposed to be using it for

Reply to
tim.....

I like to sort through the fresh stuff and make my own choice. I would just hate getting whatever is easiest for the picker to put in the bag.

And I don't buy enough packet/tinned/frozen stuff in a month (let along a week) to get to the 70 quid (or whatever) minimum spend.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

I think it unlikely that 3D printer technology will produce items in a material that is soft/flexible enough to wear and durable enough to last, any time soon.

There are some sectors that could disappear with cheap enough 3D printers but I don't think that shoes is one of them.

tim

Reply to
tim.....

On Saturday 19 January 2013 10:51 tim..... wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I saw a 3D printer at an exhibition the other week that could print ceramic.

It was basically fed with thick slip - that was laid down with a nozzle in the usual way. The result was too light and porous to be much use, but the company developed a method where it could be dipped in more slip of a particular consistency which would bulk up the density. The result was not a good as solid regular ceramic, and thus not much good for machine parts - but in this case it was for prototyping pottery designs.

Obviously as usual the final phase was a standard kilning.

I suspect there could be further refinements to the process.

Reply to
Tim Watts

That is interesting. Thanks.

Reply to
polygonum

Why not build a rep-rap and modify it to print in wax. Then use lost wax to make stuff.

Reply to
dennis

How do you use lost wax for clay?

Reply to
polygonum

make a clay slip and fill it. Then let it dry for a few days.Then fire it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Only 2hrs for the weekly shop? That's just the driving time and =A35 les= s than half the fuel cost... Pity only Asda and possibly Sainsburys deliver to here.

I must admit I wouldn't be keen on getting fresh produce online, I do like to pick and choose or not buy if the ones left are "crappy" but dry= goods or frozen stuff is another matter.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice