RE:rip fence

Where could I purchase a rip fence to replace the one that came with my Craftsman table saw.It is not a large saw,more like a bench top model that came with a stand.It presently has one that has the quick lock.The fence itself doesn't seem to always lock in a squared position.Would like to purchase another one if I could find one.Any input concerning this manner would greatly be appreciated.

Reply to
Dusty

Well, if you want to replace it with another Craftsman fence, you could simply order one from sears.com. I've also seen Craftsman rip fences on eBay.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Decker

I replaced my Craftsman fence with a Vega when I started remodling our kitchen (making cabinets). I haven't regretted it once! It's a great fence for a decent prince. A couple of places to look for them are:

Rockler:

'm sure there are other places too...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cooper

I don't think it would be practical to put an aftermarket fence on a bench top saw.A vega fence may work, costs more than your saw when new. mike

Reply to
kwoodhands

I actually tried a fence from this guy.

works remarkably well. I still have the plans and most of the old fence stashed away with the old benchtop saw just in case I ever need it again. I've used bits of his plans on other jigs and holdowns as well. This is one set of plans I have never regretted buying. Good Luck

Jim

Reply to
Jeepnstein

============================ My question really concerns your saw itself... if it is small..like a benchtop tablesaw I would say, off hand, that spending even 100 buciks on a replacement fence would be a waste of money...

Jeff mentioned the Vega.... and although I run a Biesmeyer I have NOTHING bad to say about the Vega... not a thing... but I know that even the Biesmeyer home fence is 36 inches in lenght...(not sure on the Vega.) ..and the Biesmeyer commercial is about 40 inches. BUT if your saw is really a benchtop the lenght of the table is pretty short... maybe 20 inches...your will have a hell of a lot of fence sticking out over the edge of the saws rear edge.

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

I have to agree with Bob and also admit I didn't read the orginal post closly at first, I didn't relize this benchtop saw. Adding a Vega fence, mine is 50", will make it very long. Vega does make a 26" fence as well, but it's almost the same price as the 50". You're paying for the fence and not the bars it rides on...

On my saw, which isn't a benchtop saw as the motor sits behind and below the bottom of the blade enclosure, adding the Vega fence made the saw lean noticably to the right. However I also added a table extension on that side of the saw at the same time which added to the weight. I eventually threw away the stand and base the saw came with and build a cabinet on a decent base to hold the saw and the extensions.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cooper

Jeff... I was refering to the actual lenght of the fence itself ...NOT the rip compacity...of the "Fence System" ....

Go out and measure the lenght of your fence itself ... bet it is not 4 foot 2 inches long...(50 inches)..I .bet it is about

40 inches in lenght....

And I also bet if you measured the lenght of your rails they will be close 72 - 80 inches ....

But in either case I would not recomment anyone mount it on a benchtop saw...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Reply to