Coldest day of winter an Tilbury 'renewable' burner is offline?

RWEs tilbury plant appears to be generating nothing.

Anyone know why?

Wind as usual contributing little, and no continental surplus either...

And I have NEVER seen 900MW of OIL power online since the 70's

At least the gas boys will be making money. That's making up the numbers. Coal & nuclear pretty much flat out, too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Incidentally what happened to the demand graph over night on Monday. Seemed to stay almost flat whereas Tuesday night (possibly colder?) it dipped as normal in the wee small hours.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

0.12GW @ 1640 which is low but not nothing.
0.00GW now @ 16:38.

Is BM reports having another whoopsie?

Demand 54.41GW and the late afternoon peak just showing. What do we think we'll peak at today? 56/57GW?

And with the Brent field shutdown (5 - 6% of UK supply) burning imported gas?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

BMreports basically were down for maintenance for 15 hours, and 'unavailable for data'

The default behaviour is simply to copy the last value in the database when that happens..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, that looks genuine. The biomass is coming up, so my guess is they had an unplanned outage and teh oil was coivering.

58.9 is my guess. Maybe more.

Always. Norwegian Russian and Qatari.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher escribió:

Nuke was showing 9.mumble GW sometime last week. I remember thinking that must be pretty much maxed out. Currently 8.78.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Dave Liquorice escribió:

At 2030 demand 51.71GW, coal 21.82, nuke 8.78 ccgt 17.71 and pulling 1GW over the interconnect from the cloggies.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Wouldn't have thought that oil would have come online fast enough for an unplanned (aka unexpected) outage. OCGT on the other hand...

I saw 56.74 around 1730. The peak is normally about 4 or 5GW above the day time level and the 54.41 was a couple of GW into the peak...

Yeah OK, *more* imported gas.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

ISTR that fresh fuel does a bit more..then it gets xenon poisoning and that slows down the reaction..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Note quite full output due to a couple of technical problems and refuelling.

You can see EDF's (all nukes in service bar Wylfa) reactor status here:

's output is here:

philipuk

, The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for that. Bookmarked.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , The Natural Philosopher writes

Actually 4.5 GW atm

Reply to
geoff

So? Very little wind for most of the week, when the original comment was posted, and you just happen to sit up and start taking notice when it starts blowing a bit ...?

Reply to
Terry Casey

two days after the OP..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's dropped back a bit. ATM (Saturday, just before cooking starts when we really need it) wind is running at 2.3GW, or about 30% capacity.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ