replace rayburn 80 multifuel stove

Before I take out the rayburn 80 (similar to the parkray) multifuel stove and replace it, I wonder if anyone has pulled one of these out. According to the manual the pipe connections for the boiler look to be on the left side.

I am wanting to replace it with a free standing multifuel stove with a backboiler any recommedations welcome, it needs to feed 5 double radiators and 2 singles.

Trouble is the rayburn is an inset and dont know what is either to the sides, top or behind it.

These were popular at one time as the parkray was and every other house had one in.

Would appreciate any pointers

thanks

Reply to
les

You will need to remove the brickwork or panelling at one side to remove it, so why not just knock them out now to see where the pipes are? I had a Parkray in the old house, there were 4 pipes on that - on the sides, right at the back, 1 top, 1 bottom on each side. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

I have fitted a multifuel Rayburn removed it for an oil converted Stanley (removed that last year for a proper oil Stanley!) and all that in the last

15 years!! surprising what you can pick up through the local ads... If you are going DIY go for the big stuff ;~)

The Rayburn is a self contained unit two pipes coming out the side and the chimney, remove the pipes remove the chimney and it comes out (all 7cwt of it!! ) as a complete unit. it doesn't come apart, It's not designed to be dismantled.(Not like the Aga) I have become quite adept at moving them, slightly different ways each time depending what was to hand at the time, The Romans had the right idea though, rollers work the best! I got £300 selling it through adtrader.

Des

Reply to
Dieseldes