OT Electricity rates per unit?

Just had a letter from my elec supplier (continuing saga - no statement from them for 11 months), thanking me for taking on my "new" account! First I've heard of it! Anyway, amongst other things the new rate/kWh is 25p. Is that about the going rate at the moment (Nov 08)? thx.

Even more OT. I see no reduction even though oil prices are now ~$45. Funny that... No doubt it "takes time to work through the system" or some other equally specious excuse. Strange that it take a far shorter time to go up than down. Also funny that Brown seems to be putting no pressure at all on these companies that imho are running on legalized theft of peoples money.

Reply to
dave

That's almost double the rate.

e.g.

Andy Burns

SOunds plausible to me.

I use E.On "Energy Online Extra Saver" tariff.

~25p for first 900kWh. ~10.5p thereafter.

Dual fuel discount applies to the lot.

Reply to
Vortex3

BG Click 5 is 22.86 (first 500) then 10.45

I think the present Click 6 is lower but it wont last, once you sign up.

IMO they should be forced to stick with a price for say 6 months at least.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

20.5p/KW for the first 1.37KW per day 9.6p/KW for the rest.

With dual fuel and DD discounts, and for my consumption, my effective rates are around

18p/KW for the first 1.37KW per day 8.5p/KW for the rest
Reply to
Alan

Is that for all units or just the first few hundred?

Scottish Power, Norweb region, Online, paperless, monthly fixed DD, standing charge, all units 9.281p.

EBICO, Norweb, 13.19p all units, no standing charge at all (either "hidden" in a two tier tarrif or on a daily basis). EBICO E7 5.86 night

16.16 day.

Prices + 5% VAT.

AIUI most of the gas/oil bought for power generartion is bought on the futures market so even if the spot price is now $45/barrel the power companies paid considerably more. 3 months ago the price was around $100/barrel.

Agreed but without seeing the accounts you don't know how much the companies had to pay out on the futures market and how much they "absorbed" by delaying the price rises.

Heating oil, that tracks the spot market price much more closely, has has fallen, so has road fuel. Both are pretty much down 30p/l from the peak.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's for the first 225 kWh per quarter. Additional kWh @ 10.66

Still looks some like they are charging some kind of business rate - not a domestic one. This (as I say) fiaso has gone on for almost 12 months now. They even called me about 8 weeks ago to ask for my council tax reference number to check these are domestic premises - which they are. And we've lived here for about 30 years.

Reply to
dave

For that tariff they would need to know you consumption on each day. The could have a similar rate based on quaterly consumption figures. (possibly using estimated readings.)

Reply to
Michael Chare

Sounds about right, it's effectively a standing charge that you only pay if you use the supply, works out to £10.76 per month.

Reply to
Toby

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 13:38:36 +0000 someone who may be dave wrote this:-

That is none of their business. Tell them you will take out a small claim if they don't sort things in four weeks.

Reply to
David Hansen

In message , Andy Cap writes

Yup, on Click 6 it is currently 18.747 and 8.771

I think it is a bit sneaky the way they introduce new tariffs and leave you on the old ones, but it is easy enough to change to the new tariff and it is applied immediately.

Reply to
chris French

Thanks for that. I was under the impression they weren't available to existing customers, but it's only been upped for a couple of months. Looks like another phone call is due.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

I left BG for a whole month & then returned to them on the tracker 6 tariff.

This tariff is in place for a year from when the new contract starts & then reverts to their standard tariff.

Don

Reply to
Don

Yes you're right - but I gave them the info. to try and get it sorted out at last.

But claim for what? I wonder if stress counts for £, time spent trying to figure it all out several hours over the year)...

Reply to
dave

Well I went to BG Click 5 in August and it went up in September ???

I've asked if I can move and await their reply.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

In article , dave writes

What are the first digits on your supply reference? IIRC, S01 is domestic, S02 & S03 are considered commercial so the run of the mill domestic suppliers will turn you away. I have seen an all electric house built in the 60's with an S02 reference as it was considered high use.

If it's not S01 then it's well worth getting it changed.

Reply to
fred

Inc or exc VAT?

My 12.39p/day standing charge 9.281/unit (ex VAT) from Scottish Power, Norweb, online, paperless, fixed DD is still cheaper, provided I keep useage below 84 (eight four) units per day. B-)

That Tier 1/2 difference and 500 units/qtr is a standing charge of =A349.88/qtr. Wonders, is that 500 units/year or 125/qtr. If so at 20 units/day 90 days/qtr Click 6 is =A37.86/qtr cheaper, not really worth worrying about.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Quoted from the letter I received 12-11-08

"About the gas and electricity package you've chosen.

The product you've chosen, 6% Discount Tracker, is based on our standard rates. This means you'll get a discount of 6% off our standard tariff rates for gas and electricity from your supply start date until 31 December 2009. After this date you'll either be moved onto our standard tariff rates or you'll be switched to another British Gas tariff. This will help you relax in the knowledge that you are receiving a discounted price against our standard rates until 31 December 2009, no matter what happens in today's volatile market."

Give freephone 0800 0480202 a call. I spoke to someone called Steve McGraff when I set it up and he was very helpful.

Don.

Reply to
Don

Equivalent to 56 quid a quarter standing charge!

F*ck!

Reply to
Mike

In message , Mike wrote

32 quid per quarter. The 25p includes the 10.5p per unit
Reply to
Alan