Recommendations for a combi boiler

so the biasi is cheap tat and the this plumber recommend to me. is the powermax free standing?

Reply to
Sungye

so the biasi is cheap tat and the this plumber recommend to me. is the powermax free standing?

Reply to
Sungye

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

The powermax is floor standing

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

That still does not detract from the point that it is lacking.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Freestanding.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They are still lacking.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

any suggestions for soemthing that wall mounted as I have limited floor space. I hear Worcester's are also good

Reply to
Sungye

I know that and I will add to it to make good some of the areas in which it is lacking when I have time. Maybe you'd like to help?

Maybe you could add some links to manufacturers' web sites - I know, from some of your previous posts, that you've got lots of those.

Even if you'd point to what, specificaly, you think it's lacking that could be helpful. If you don't want to put up new 'finished' content you could use the talk/discussion pages to suggest areas for improvement.

Reply to
John Stumbles

You won't get a big storage combi that's wall mounted because of the size and weight of water stored. There are some combis with a small buffer store to help in the situation where e.g. one person is having a shower and another turns on the kitchen hot tap for a few moments. If you want serious 2-bathrooms-simultaneously performance you'll need a physically large store of hot water somewhere. However it doesn't have to be in the same space as your boiler and could e.g. be up in an attic, though you will need pipework to & from it and, depending what 'it' is, overflow of pressure relief discharge pipework from it to outside.

Reply to
John Stumbles

The Alpha CD50 (3 yr guarantee) will give a superior flow rate. Or fit two

24kW combis.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The Biasi is certainly the lower end of the market, favoured by Landlords who optimise the income only for the next years or two and not the longer term.

Approximately the quality is likely to be proportional to the price unless the manufacturer is perceived to be a popular 'good make' in which case the boiler may be a little less good that it's price. One of the problems in choosing consumer white goods (boilers included) is that it's only possible to tell what you should have bought some while afterwards often when the model has been discontinued. Currently the "Which?" magazine is saying the Vaillant Ecotec and certainly I'm happy with them but the price tag is not in the same league as the Biasi.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I will look into these two models> I don't want something thats just going to last a couple of years and my home is certainly not going to be rented. I want a good boiler that will last for a good few years and something that is reliable and powerful enough to provide my home with heat and plenty of water

Reply to
Sungye

By your standards of reading the latest catalogues and recommending untried, every single database like this will be out of date.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hi Sungye, I had to change my Boiler a couple of years ago. I did a considerable amount of research and came to the firm conclusion that I would never install a Combi. One of the main failings of a Combi is that the pipes in your House have to be expertly fitted to a very high standard because it runs under a High pressure.If you fit a Combi and try to run on a system with old pipes you are asking for trouble.Unless you are installing a completely new network of pipes I would advise you NOT to install a Combi. I found many of the people I knew had many problems with Combi,some had discarded their Combi after only a few months. I also dismissed Condensing Boilers because of their complexity. The complexity is due to them being stuffed full of microchips,each manufacturer trying to outdo the other in terms of the published league table of Energy Efficiency. I fitted a traditional Boiler and could do so because I live in Scotland. If you live in England you do not have that option because of the change to Building Regulations. If I were you I would avoid a Combi and consider Installing a tried and tested Condensing Boiler,if you can find such a machine.Good Luck Mikie

Reply to
MIKESAINT

That is the biggest load of tripe I have read in a while. It is wrong on every point.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes - you have a rival.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What I have stated regarding the Combi is common knowledge in the Plumbing Trade. I accept that my view on Condensing Boilers may be controversial but its the conclusion I came to. On the Estate where I live I am surrounded by neighbours that have Condensing Boilers which require constant and never ending attention from British Gas. Those who have older Boilers just seem to go on and on without requiring any attention. Having given this clarification I now invite you to lay out the specific points you believe are wrong and I will answer them.

Reply to
MIKESAINT