Combi boiler recommendations?

I'm in the market for a new combi-boiler for my 3-bed semi. The Chaffateaux-et Maury one I have is more touble than it's worth. And as it gets older the trouble is likely to increase. So:

What I'm looking for now is something that is

1) cost-effective (reliable, yet inexpensive to buy and maintain). 2) easy to understand and work on 3) has a clear and comprehensive manual 4) free after-sales technical help 3) inexpensive spare parts 4) easy-to-get spare parts 5) one that most plumbers are familiar with (just in case) 6) suitable for a very-hard water area 7) preferably has the following arrangement of vertical connections underneath:

From left to right: CH out, DHW out, Gas in, Mains water in, CH return

Vertical flue: 125mm dia, whose centre is 200mm away from the wall.

In a previous thread, DD kindly suggested: Glow Worm. Rebadged Vaillants. Would those fit the above description? Any others worth considering? Any tips on how to obtain one at a good price?

Thank you....

Jim D

Reply to
Jim D

choose any 2 out of 3 :-)

Not sure of W-B's dimension but you can d/l their install manuals from their wibble (find the Installer pages) and check for yourself.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Thank you. I've never heard of that make - not that it's particularly relevant. I will add that make to my extremely short list of known makes!

Jim D

Reply to
Jim D

Dribble will be along shortly with a list of more obscure ones which he insists are superior. Don't forget to fit a second one.

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

Thanks. Funnily enough, I was thinking of installing two. Mainly because I am thinking of splitting the house into two flats: one up and one down. I'm not too keen on the idea of obscure ones, because I do like the spares to be easily obtained locally. Sometimes, I'm forced to call in a plumber if I can't figure out the fault on my own. Then it's especially handy if the spares are available locally.

Jim D

Reply to
Jim D