Recommend shower mixer bar for elderly lady?

I'm trying to find an easy-to-use thermostatic mixer bar for a shower for an elderly lady. It has to install with exposed pipework.

Any recommendations, or are they all much-of-a-muchness?

many thanks

Reply to
Scrump

elderly lady. It has to install with exposed pipework.

What sort of water heating has she got? The bar type are AFAIK all wax pellet type, and therefore not fast enough acting where water pressure or temperature can change quickly. So, fine for stored hot water, or where there's already a scalding protection mixer, but otherwise I would suggest not suitable for those with vulnerable skin (young and elderly), where a fast acting bi- metalic thermostat should be used (designed for instant/combi water heating) and make sure it includes scalding protection (e.g. mine won't let any hot flow if there's no cold water pressure).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

elderly lady. It has to install with exposed pipework.

Look carefully at the knobs and make sure thay can be gripped by an arthritic hand with limited grip. Any with levers would be a plus point.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin