Ready mixed, colour matched mortars?

Does such a product exist? I would like to take a piece of existing, somewhat unusually coloured mortar somewhere and have a batch mixed ready to add water that will dry to match, is this a pipe dream :-) ?
--
Best Regards,
Chris Wilson.

Yes it does. We decided to build an extension to our house which was built with coloured mortar. Having spoken to our local BM they arranged a visit by Tilcons rep who matched the colour from his samples. We then ordered 10 tons and when it came I queried the colour as it was far darker than the mortar of the house. I was assured that this was normal and sure enough after about six months to cure and weather in the new mortar joints matched the old very closely. I'm not sure how small a quantity of the stuff you can buy though.
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com says...

I will try and get in touch, thanks for the tip, I really only need pointing quantities, but maybe they will oblige, at a price... :-) ?
--
Best Regards,
Chris Wilson.

I bought some a long time ago and seem to think minimum was around a ton,give them a ring i guess you will have to pay a minimum charge no matter how much you get.Rob

it
Iy "looks" like them but your local BM would be the best place to ask as I doubt if Tilcon will deal with individuals, preferring to deal through trade outlets. You could always phone them and ask<g>
Chris Wilson wrote:

Double glazing fitters seem to have some kind of dye(s) they add to normal mortar to get colour they want.