Re: taking a door off topaint

Good news - cheers.

"NC" wrote | Is this as easy as taking the screws out of the hinges and then putting them | back again when I'm done painting ?? Or is there anything I have to do to | make sure it goes back 'properly' ??
Cut a wedge out of wood that you can push under the door and then put your foot on it to lift the door up to hanging height when re-hanging, and/or get a friend to hold the door while working on the hinges.
Owain

them
It depends how heavy it is! In any event, take the screws out of the *frame* and leave the hinges attached to the door.
A light internal door will probably remain attached to the frame even with the screws out - and you may have to give it a nudge to free it. When putting it back, it helps if you put something like a screwdriver under it, to lift it to the right height for the hinges to go back into the recesses in the frame.
A heavy external door is a different matter. You need to support it properly *before* taking the screws out - and you need to prop it at the correct height with something fairly substantial before you can put them back.
Roger