Re. Router Cutters Q

Thanks for the suggestions: I did find WealdenTool cheaper than most, about the same price as Axminster but with far better stock choice. As for Router (which I had asked about earlier) I went in the end for a Trend T5E at the lowest price I could get. I nearly got an Axminster AW127R own-label but the weight put me off -- about the same as a 5 litre can of paint!

-- Any help TIA Please reply to Newsgroup scrambled address

Reply to
mutley

I was looking at the latter in one of their mags just this morning. I don't fancy their stepped turret and the lack of an 8mm collet would stuff most of my cutter collection. So your comment on the weight just gave me another reason not to be taken in by the price. I will hold out for a T9 I think.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Yes, it wasn't something I had thought about until I started checking the fine print. I had a 5l can of paint in the cupboard and thought "I just don't fancy holding that at an angle for any length of time". Probably fine if you only use it on a table or on horizontal flat board and it did seem a good price, but.... BTW if you are thinking of buying do check the Trend website for 'recommended prices' (maybe you have already). I found the T5E mostly offered at prices 10s or 20s of pounds sterling above the rec.price, and only Toolnet at less than. It arrived next day so that's a recommendation.

regards, Richard

Reply to
mutley