Router Table suggestions...

Hi, All,

I'm getting a new router table for my birthday (Good wives are nice to find!) but don't know what to get. I have a Bosch 1617 router already, and am looking for just the table, or table with stand. Searched the group archives, google, but can't decide on brand or model.

I'm a bit of a newby, so don't know what I need. My guess is large table top, ease of bit changing, good fence, ease of setting up. Price range of $150-300 tops. I don't want to build a cabinet at this time, busy building wife a Hall Tree, then a linen cabinet, etc.

TIA for any suggestions.

Regards, Rich.....

Reply to
rich

Benchdog.

and look for router tables. I like the pro top and lift, but the lift gets pricey. You can always get that later.

Edwin Pawlowski

Take at look at the RT-1000 router table. There is usually one up on Ebay. This the table I have gotten. Usually goes for about $300 or a bit more.

Paul T.

100% Uncensored , 100% Anonymous, 5$/month Only!

Reply to
P.H. Thorsted

A couple of saw horses and a piece of 3/4 MDF covered with melamine and you're in business.

When you have time, take a look at the NYW plans. I've been happy with mine.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It depends on what you want and if you will wait! When I first needed a router table I used a kitchen sink cutout from a counter top between two saw horses. Later on, when I had time I built a box for it and reused the sink cut out. I have two router plates, both are plain

1/4" aluminum that I made myself. I got the aluminum for barter for some labor. I just could not dish out the money for a simple open router table when I could build a good one for nearly free. Greg
Reply to
Greg O

Try:

Universal Precision Positioning Jig with Offset Router Table and Fence

$249.99KT

Or Woodpeckers:

and check out the 27x32 router top (offset) and legs for about $270. The 27x43 top is $315. You can add wheels and a high-end incra jig later. The Incra jig ultra 24" is $229, but I use my router table and incra fence more than any tool other than my table saw. It's given me more bang for the buck than any other tool.

-jerm

Reply to
jermB

I think that table size and weight are important features in a router table. A table saw extension wing router fits these qualifications well BUT I have found table saw tables to be too low for me and hard on my back.

Reply to
Oughtsix