Re: Huf Haus on last night's Grand Designs

Behave!

Reply to
IMM

LOL, you should script write the Vicar of Dibley, such fun.

Reply to
IMM

I am. The point is that it is just as easy to get things shipped from Belgium, or frankly anywhere else in Europe. .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Eh?!!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Ah, but you said "You wouldn't want to...etc". If you had meant yourself, why not phrase the response correctly?

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Settlement?

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

I think it's more a case of being or not being local in people's minds. Anywhere in Europe for most Brits is as far away as Mars.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Because this isn't uk.lang.english.grammar? ;P)

Reply to
Parish

"...my wife and me..."

Sorry, couldn't resist!

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Provide statistics for Tony B to glow like a beacon of excellence when he finally makes it to be president of Europe.

Just a guess.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

Talking of B&Q, has anyone noticed how far superior the staff are at Homebase? They are more polite. more helpful, and look neater and tidier.

MM

Reply to
Mike Mitchell

The ferry gets in the way.

Reply to
IMM

Apart from Spayne and Eyebyeza one might think that the channel tunnel was the entrance to Hades.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I think that it has more to do with locality.

The Focus near to me is full of surly teenagers.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Design them. UK deign is very very good. Irts manufactur8ng we cannot compete with - becasue the wurkahs feel they deserve more salary than a bowl of rice a day, and resent beimng wurkahs. In Taiwan, they are glad of the job.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

However, and all galss house can not mmeet building regs iuseing the overall heatloss methiond. Only by using the elemental nehod, i.e. a methind designed for a few windows, can it meet specs.

In short, the huf haus was hgely energy inneficient, and will have a huge heating bill. I would estimate 4000-6000 quid a year

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed I worked in Brussles - that or aberdeen. I would have LIKED to work in Aberdeen, but it took nearly ten hours to get there by any sane method, as against about 7 to Brussels, and I could do that in a car and ferry.

In short, Brussels is a lot closer in every way to east anglia than Aberdeen.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No.

As I pointed out.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You know, although I didn't make the grade at English O level, I could have sworn that our English teacher said "Xyz and I" was the correct usage, not "Xyz and me".

PoP

PoP

The Homebase in Bracknell has recently become quite improved. Several months ago I complained herein that it took absolutely agggesss to get thru the checkouts. I have to report with the benefit of recent experience that that does seem to have improved.

Mind you, I recently received a Homebase Spend and Save voucher for £34, so it's entirely possible that they are now laying on a special checkout for me given that I'm spending quite a bit in their store ;)

PoP

PoP