Grand designs last night.

Some fellow buys an abandoned cave dwelling and does it out. One of the more interesting ones as opposed to yet another glass box.

However, I think he'll come unstuck in Winter, sure to be water leaking in. We had a dry Summer. It was abandoned for a reason.

I wonder how you do a heat loss/U value calculation when the thickness of the "walls" is effectively infinity?

All that moisture evaporating will cause a massive cooling effect.

Reply to
harry

Probably because the local council was saying 'come and live in a council house and have running water and mains electricity.' There can't have been much wrong with it if it was occupied for hundreds of years. (I was surprised that the guy didn't put up a few solar panels and/or a wind turbine.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

At 60 grand, sounds like a good investment

Reply to
stuart noble