Re: Huf Haus on last night's Grand Designs

So what. All students try to milk the lecturers beforehand about what is in the exam. We used to send a dollybird with her skirt deliberately pulled up her bum to one lecturer, who we knew would give more to her than anyone else.

With many course the Qs are pretty obvious. One lecturer would prepare us by saying "If this was course where I didn't know the Qs until the day, this is how I would approach it". It was applying logic to the syllabus, and narrowing down matters.

I was always told answer anyway you like, as long as you justify your approach and reasoning.

appropriately

That is correct. But that is also used as a get out by some uni's for bad teaching. In short, they are saying, do it yourself.

Quite right. It is the part responsibility of the institution to ensure students are up to scratch and of the standard required.

I see the snots have one-to-one tutorials. All paid for by taxpayers.

Yes, like in the USA, where many courses are vocational, or mere training courses.

Reply to
IMM

Yes I suppose if you are going for an indoor charcoal burner then purple is the only colour to have. Myself I'd have added pink polka dots a la Mr Blobby :-)

Anna

-- ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plasterwork, plaster conservation / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling and pargeting |____|

07976 649862

Reply to