RCD wins again

That gave me pause. I've assumed it comes from their many VX models (starting before the war) but that just begs the question why they chose VX in the first place.

Reply to
Robin

And why in recent years, do most of their model names end with an 'A'?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Can electrons be wasted?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The energy they contain sure can be.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

not just recent, Cresta 1950s, Viva 1960s

Reply to
MrCheerful
[vauxhall]

Sure, but they weren't so strict on it then (wyvern, victor, viscount), easy to understand the alliterative V**** names (velox, viva, vectra) but now they seem obsessed with ****A names.

Reply to
Andy Burns

They probably want to make them sound continental. I can think of one masculine noun, Punto.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Bill Cosby had some comic advice to always choose names for kids ending in a vowel. It makes it easier to mention when screaming their names, you can hang on the vowel for maximum effect.

Er, like,

"Watch out for that Corsaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!"

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I believe that is a Fiat.

Vauxhall Vivaro springs to mind, Adam, Monaro, VX220, Insignia (wait a minute, we're back to end ...a)

Reply to
MrCheerful

Thanks for your gentle reminder, but my mind had wandered on to cars in general :-) Cortina, Firenza, Anglia, Anglia, Astra, Sierra, erm... Carrera. Struggling now. Aceca. You've already mentioned the (saturday night) Viva.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Victa, and Cavalia...Chevetta...Belmonta... Firenza...

It makes them sound italia n and sexy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

En el artículo , Andy Burns escribió:

including Nova, which went down like a lead balloon in Spanish speaking countries, because "no va " means "won't go".

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Dan S. MacAbre escribió:

Vivaro.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Although it refers to a different car, the arguments are the same that this is a myth:

Bob Eager

Never tried it.

Reply to
ARW

Vaneo, now that sounds 'ard

Reply to
MrCheerful

My mouth's watering.

Reply to
Huge

En el artículo , Huge escribió:

Did you watch the video? Ugh.

I couldn't eat a quarter of that.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , MrCheerful escribió:

Movano.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

It's odd that there's only one fork at that buffet. Enough there for ten people.

Reply to
GB