RCD wins again

En el artículo , GB escribió:

It was a challenge - if one person got the lot down inside an hour, the meal was free. Otherwise 19 quid.

Five people sharing would be ~4 quid each - about the going rate for a full breakfast.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Why would anyone sane take up that challenge?

I'd just ask for extra forks. It's a bit grob to share one between five people.

Reply to
GB

Tapeworms?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Skipped through it, yeah. Not my thing, but I do like a fryup. Couldn't manage all that, especially since I can't eat mushrooms. Well, I can, but I shouldn't.

Reply to
Huge

ah, well some hairdressers need a van too

Reply to
MrCheerful

En el artículo , GB escribió:

Why would anyone sane climb Everest?

I found it a bit gross the guy un the vid (American, remember), picking up the food with his fingers when he had a fork available.

Hell yes. I'm not sharing a fork with anyone except my SO.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , MrCheerful escribió:

:)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Huge escribió:

Do they not agree with you? They're ~90% water IIRC

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

They tend to get upset if they catch you forking with other people.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

En el artículo , GB escribió:

Interesting word, first time I've encountered it. What's the etymology?

Urban Dic suggests "Grob: A fellow who will put all their efforts into making no effort to be clean, hygienic or sociably approachable"

I thought it might be word play on German 'Groß' (fat, big), but grob is actually a German word, meaning dirty, rough, ill-mannered, coarse.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Apparently not, judging by the speed with which they leave.

Reply to
Huge

En el artículo , Huge escribió:

Very delicately put.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

He must be a fun-guy to eat with.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Perhaps they came out as Toad Stools

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Or even just an MK plug with posts that the cable is wrapped around and clamped onto.

Nothing wrong with that plug running a 2Kw heater, it's just that the cable has deformed slightly and allowed a poor contact. Also being in a conservatory it has probably got a bit damp with condensation which has allowed the cable to post junction to develop a bit of resistance, hence the heat.

Reply to
Andrew

Which go off everytime someone locks or unlocks their car door.

Reply to
Andrew

En el artículo , damduck- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk escribió:

*groan*
Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Portable X-ray machines had a special 13a plug with no fuse at one time.

Reply to
harry

That's not guacamole, that's mushy peas.

Don't suppose Mandelson ever lived that down...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Shouldn't feed trolls, but IME those of the Hebrew persuasion (to quote Chinatown) value education more than just about any other culture.

Reply to
newshound