Radiator Flow-Return position

I am going to place a new radiator in a new room in the house.

Because of access constraints, the flow and return valves will be located on the same side of the radiator, one above the other.

I am going to place the flow at the bottom and the return at the top, is that correct?

Thanks,

Antonio

Reply to
asalcedo

No, you want the return at the bottom where the cooler water ends up.

Putting the return at the top just gives an easy return path for hot water that hasn't been given much chance to give off any heat. Most of the radiator would remain cool as the incoming hot water rises close to the side of the radiator and exits out of the top.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Hi Roger,

That makes sense. One wants to make the flow in the radiator difficult, not easy.

I'll do it like that.

Many thanks,

Ant> asalcedo wrote:-

Reply to