PVCu french doors - buying unglazed

Can you save money by purchasing unglazed PVCu french windows and getting double-glazed units to fit ? If so, where can you get these, and how can you get round the "trade only" / "we don't retail" fuss ? I know some windows require de-glazing to fit anyway, although screwfix etc, seem to have tags that fit into the frame so that glazing need not be removed. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

AFAIK you fit all uPVC windows unglazed, then fit the sealed unit after they are installed (apart from anything else, you often need access to internal edge of the frame to put frame fixers through, behind where the sealed unit will be)

David

Reply to
Lobster