Power tool case with parts storage *inside* - any recommendations?

I'm after a power tool case (preferably large enough for two cordless drills, one 12v and one 9.6v so not enormous) which has additional storage *inside* the case so it's accessible when the case is open.

Nearly all the ones I have found with Google products search either have no small parts storage or they have the storage on the outside of the lid which strikes me as rather useless. I already have a couple of ordinary toolboxes arranged this ways and they annoy me considerably in use.

Typical of what I don't want is:-

nearest to what I do want that I've found is:-

I'm not sure if the parts box can be opened in situ in the case.

What I'm after is a case that opens out flat and, when open, allows me to get at the cordless drills, some screwdriver bits, drills, etc. and a selection of screws.

Any suggestions anyone?

Reply to
tinnews

snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk coughed up some electrons that declared:

1 or 2 tray cantilever fishing tackle box?

realise that may not be big enough, but some searching may turn up something with a big enough space at the base to put the power drills.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk saying something like:

Find one of the hard plastic cases for the Hilti or Bosch SDS-Max drills.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Or this ...I use one to keep boxes of screws,nails and wallplugs in and also drill bits

the realfictitious

Not exactly your spec, but I have a couple of these

foam is pre-diced so easy to cut out recesses for the drills and chargers, and I keep drill and driver bits and screws in separate boxes inside. These are a bit more robust than some of the similar cheap ones in the sheds, also they have nice radiussed corners. Also, being a fairly standard size they "stack" well under the workbench.

The price tends to drop to ~£15 in the fairly frequent sales.

Reply to
newshound

And doesn't stand up to regular use of the tool. I find the dice start to fall off in short order.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

That was a route I did try for a while but I have never found a cantilever tool box big enough to take my cordless drill. As my

*main* toolbox I now have one of these:-

works pretty well and, when opened out, you can actually get at everything in it. The tray in the top tool box even sits neatly in the opened lid.

However the cordless drills don't fit in the top and get a bit lost in the big box at the bottom. In addition I don't always want to drag the big box around.

Reply to
tinnews

though it doesn't give dimensions so I'm not sure if the bottom is big enough. Do they have them in 'real' Mothercare shops - if so I can go and take a look.

Thanks for the idea.

Reply to
tinnews

That's certainly a possibility and with the foam supplied it makes it quite an easy job to 'customise' it. My Stayer SDS drill came in a case rather like that (but cruder) and that works pretty well for ma although it doesn't have parts storage. As you say parts can be kept in separate boxes within the same case, that's what I'm already doing in my big/main toolbox.

Reply to
tinnews

>Possibly, though it doesn't give dimensions so I'm not sure if the

The one I have is 14 1/2" long 10 1/2" across and 7 1/2" deep although the lid is another couple of inches deep on top to accommodate the tray ....I'd imagine the shops have them . I got a s/h one off ebay

Reply to
the realfictitious

> but I'm not sure if the parts box can be opened in situ in the case. >

I have a toolbag from Homobase

TOOL+BAG&c_1=1%7Ccategory_root%7CTools%7C12079544I keep 2 x drivers + 2 extra batteries + charger in the top, various sets of drills, detector & stuff in outside pockets. The side flap unzips to allow access to the plastic box where I keep screws, plugs, fixings etc (restocked weekly from the workshop). The inside of the flap has plenty of pockets for drill bits, bit holders etc.

I like it a whole lot, it means if I have to drill anything or fix anything to a wall, grabbing this bag contains all I need & saves extra trips to the van.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman