Potterton EP 2001 Programmer

Hi all,

Do you know if the programmer is directly connected to the main fus box i.e there is no seperate on/off switch?

There is no display on the programmer and I was wondering if it's th fuse in the main fuse box that needs replacing. If so what fuse i required for this and is there a way of locating this fuse within th fuse box?

Cheers Andre

-- Andy01

Reply to
Andy01

The boiler should have it's own fused supply via the on/off switch located (hopefully) near the controller. Probably be a 3AMP Fuse - you may need a screw driver to extract the fuse holder.

The EP 2001 Controller I *think* is around 20+ years old now. My previous house had an EP 2001 controller, it and a neigbours controller went phut within a year of each other.

The Grasslin QE2 controller is (or was) available from B&Q for ~28 quid is easy to install in place of the EP 2001.

Reply to
Ragworm The Abominable

Hi Steve, thanks for your feedback, I did notice a socket switch nearb that actually turns on the programmer display as well as the centra heating. However, the central heating activated by this switch i independent of the programmer. So even when the programmer is set t off, the heating is continuously on which is not ideal as require manual monitoring. This is very strange because the display doe actually work but doesn't have any control on the heating when thi switch is on. When I turn off the switch, then the display goes off Any ideas? Most likely I will need a replacement although I'm not sur if this will solve the problem - probably will check the fuse firs beforehan

-- Andy01

Reply to
Andy01

From your description, it sounds as if the internal relay in the Controller has failed in the 'on' position?