boiler programmer problem

Hi, would like to know if my programmer is shot or not. The screen just went blank today and I can't get it to do anything. It's a Potterton EP

4001 and it's connected to a combi boiler. The hot water works, but no central heating. I can't seem to see how the face comes off the programmer either. Can anyone help please as the house is cold and we have a 8 month old to keep warm?

Thanks!

Reply to
Eagleye

On 4 Dec 2006 11:41:30 -0800 someone who may be "Eagleye" wrote this:-

Does it have a battery? If so, has it gone flat and does that prevent it working? If not it is probably broken, electronic ones tend to go like that.

It should be possible to temporarily bypass the programmer by wiring the appropriate wires to a switch, or even an old mechanical time clock in your "might be useful sometime" box. If you don't have a wiring diagram and instructions you should be able to download one from somewhere.

Reply to
David Hansen