Honeywell Programmer blowing fuses

Hi, I've got a Honeywell programmer controlling my central heating and hotwater. The power to it comes from a swiched fused spur. This is fitted with a 3A fuse. About every two weeks the 3A fuse blows.

I'm assuming the programmer is faulty, but before I replace it, could there be anything else causing the 3A fuse to blow?

Thanks Peter

Reply to
Peter

Why?

Boiler, pump, diverter valve, thermostat, interconnect cabling...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes, anything fed via the programmer, like the room and tank stats, the pump, the boiler or any bit of rodent nibbled wiring betwixt all that lot.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ahhh...not as easy I a first thought. I didn't realise the mains power to the programmer also fed other parts of the system. I assumed (wrongly) that the 3A spur only supplied the programmer itself!

Reply to
Peter

With electric faults on heating systems the pump is centre stage and then some unless the boiler is leaking water into its controls.

Reply to
Ed Sirett