leaking system

I am completely confused and need advice. I have a sealed system that must be leaking as about once a week th epressure goes to zero and the boiler thus cuts out. Now I thought I had found the leak as there was a fairly steady seapage from the join at the expansion vessel, but having fixed that the frequency of cut out has not changed! It is also (to me) a strange leak. The pressure does not seem to go down during the week but stays steady at about 1.5 when cold and 2 when hot. Its just once a week, overnight whilst the boiler is off, the pressure drops to zero, almost indicating a sudden, intermittent, but regular leak!!!

What can it be? A leak that does not affect the pressure except all at once, on about once a week?

Richard

Reply to
Richard

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:57:49 +0000, Richard strung together this:

What's the boiler?

Reply to
Lurch

Try the FAQ on Sealed systems.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Just a suggestion but I had a system that did something similar. By a fluke I found that one of the pipes coming out of floor into rad valve was tightened properly on the olive (I could pull it out of valve!). Presumably when hot the expansion was enough to seal the leak.

Reply to
Old Bill

Reply to
andrewpreece

Is your overpressure valve dumping all your system pressure? Don't know why it would do it once a week though. Check where your overpressure pipe exits your house and check to see if it has dumped water ( you may need to be creative about this ). The cause may be your air reservoir, there are plenty of old messages relating to this if you Google for 'uk.d-i-y' and search for newsgroups only

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece