Post install certificates?

Read SI 2006 on ODPM. There are notifiable & non-notifiable works. >

> Notifiable works... > - New final circuit > - New SWA to shed or garage > - Extending final circuit in kitchen & bathroom > - Changing a CU re enclosure and protective devices (CPD) > - etc > > NON-Notifiable... > - Maintenance operations even in special locations or connected with > them > - Extending any circuit not in a special location (extending power > circuits, light circuits) > - Replacing a RCD, RCBO (eg, no trip on test button) > - Replacing a shower > - Replacing a SWA cable to a shed > - Replacing any circuit cable (circuit defined as supplied by a CPD) > - Changing an enclosure (including a CU enclosure, but not all CPD) > - Extending a porch, shed, garage circuit is not a special location > - etc > > So a "rewire" may not require much notification at all. > Probably the CU, but unless you are gutting the house you can do bit > by bit - 20A radials per room are a good thing here because you can do > a room at a time re mess / time / cost.

Where can I qualify the above info, as I've replaced all the circuits in my house and had an electrician replace the CU and test all circuits. The problem is that we are selling the house and the solicitor is requesting a compliance certificate for the electrical works but all I have is the paperwork for the CU replacement and test. I'm not sure what I should now do?

Any advice appreciated

Reply to
www.gomodit.co.uk

Give the new housebuyers copies of the electricians certificates and take the 5th amendment on what work you carried out.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Tell them that you have had the CU replaced and tested, and offer copies of whatever paperwork you have, and say if the buyers want any further verification you are happy to let them have a PIR done so long as they pay for it!

Reply to
John Rumm

Since the electrician has changed the CU, issued an EIC, that is it. Your solicitor will advise accordingly.

If for the future you want to know what is Notifiable & Non-Notifiable under SI2006 go to the ODPM website and download it, or go buy the printed version (it's about =A316 so not cheap, but useful to whack ignorami over the head with).

Part P only came in after April 2005 - any work before that is exempt. Part P SI2006 permits various non-notifiable work and requires no paperwork for it. Full stop. Replacement, Maintenance, even if connected with special locations is non-notifiable. For example replacing an existing SWA across a garden (armour rotted/ cut, sheath damaged) or replacing a shower or replacing a faulty RCD or faulty RCBO (doesn't trip when button pressed).

This is stated in Black n White in the document, someone may have the link.

Reply to
js.b1