Reply to
The Todal

No Im whoever I want to be.

Reply to
The Todal

Reply to
The Todal

You're not The Todal.

Are you by the slightest chance another wodders nym?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Wodders is too stupid. I know who he is. He f***ed up on Severn Way. One day .........

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

In message , The Todal writes

As Tim says. The Todal would NOT have typed as above.

Reply to
News

In message , "Nightjar .me.uk"@?.?.invalid> writes

Gas Mark? Regulo, please :-)

Reply to
News

I've often wondered why we need such daft ways to measure temperature. Have we not already got too many temperature scales without a type just related to gas ovens? Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

No,

F Murtz

About nine months for a bun.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The "Regulo mark Number" was invented by the New World gas cooker company in the 1920's when they made the first gas cooker with a thermostatic control. The cooker was open to the air, the burner at the bottom rear vented combustion products out of the back. This created a temperature gradient in the oven (advertised as a "good thing", you could cook a whole meal requiring different temperatures at once by putting those needing more heat at the top and those needing least at the bottom. ) Most cooks wouldn't have been familiar with temperature scales, only with hot, not so hot and cool ovens. Having a single digit number on a dial was much easier than having to fit a 3 digit degF scale onto it. It also made using the different cooker levels easy, each shelf was about 1 regulo mark different from the one above or below.

It wasn't meant as a temperature scale rather as a cooking guide.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Scott M wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

+1