PING JGHarston - EVERY road in Sheffield is to be reurfaced?

WTF?

Is it true and could you check your inbox or email me please?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Seemed to be a rumour in April:

they are digging up the back of Abbeydale Road around Carterknowle Road - so something's up. But I very much doubt 'every road' - the money's just not there. Even for the Worst Roads in Europe, and Probably the World.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Blimey:

Rob

I thinky they've done a £2billion outsourcing deal where $megacorp resurfaces every road in the next 5 years, then looks after them for the next 20 years - all inclusive.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I find it hard to believe, they keep shying away from being pinned down to specifics. Interesting that the first two zones to have work done: Shiregreen is a typical suburban housing area and Ewden is miles 'n' miles of six-foot wide country lanes.

That possibly shows intelligence in starting with a mix of difficulties instead of doing all the easy bits first and then discovering their tar spreader won't get down places like Holdworth Lane:

jgharston

Its easy to spray tar and tip chippings all over the road.

Reply to
dennis

You've never been to Romania, have you!

Nor N Africa

tim

Reply to
tim.....

That's one of the specifics I haven't been able to dig out. I would have thought "rebuild all of Sheffield's roads" would involve ginding off four inches of old surface and laying down four inches of new surface.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston