Cape Gooseberry in Sheffield

Hello folks,

this year I have successfully grown some cherry tomatoes for the firs time and would like to try something more exotic next year.

I was reading Roger Philips Vegeatable book and noticed that Cap Gooseberry needed the same conditions as tomato. I live near Sheffield has anyone had expierience of growing these this far north and do yo have any advice to give.

Ni

-- niimmm

Reply to
niimmm

Hi All, I have grown Cape Gooseberry`s in an unheated Greenhouse in Widnes near Liverpool with no problems. take a ripe Cape Goosberry crush it to remove the seeds and dry them out. save the seeds, and treat it as you would Tomatoes. Good luck with it.

Richard M. Watkin.

Reply to
R M. Watkin