Pikey Radar

Neighbour having a new roof put on his house. The roofer got a roll of flashing out of his van and had unrolled a few feet along some scafold planks. He went back up onto the roof to look at something, and saw the pikey legging it across the road with the roll of flashing. He said it's happened a few times before and the last thing you do is give chase, unless you want all the windows smashed at 3am next day...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

A strong pikey to be legging it with a roll of that stuff

Reply to
stuart noble

What a bloody sad state of affairs this country is in. I could continue but that might take many, many pages.

Nick.

Reply to
Nick

snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) wrote in news:ihmvj8$ja1$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

Only a problem if the pikey lives to tell the tale.

Reply to
Tom

And his mates don't find out where you live.......

Reply to
John Williamson

Commonest way is to tell the customer it's their problem.

Reply to
Skipweasel

That's not an unreasonable (yearly) amount if you regularly need to dump stuff at the tip.

Stephen.

Reply to
stephen.hull

In message , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com writes

No problems here. Is your computer working?

Reply to
Ian Jackson

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com:

That's the cost for the transport licence ... not what you may be charged at the tip.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , Skipweasel writes

There are no problems, only challenges

Reply to
geoff

In message , geoff writes

That's old terminology. In recent years, it has become obligatory to refer to 'problems' as 'issues'.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

I think the local council issues the licence so the charge will be dependant on the council concerned.

Thinks, I live in Cumbria but the nearest tip is in Northumberland would a license issued by Cumbria allow me to use Northumberlands tip if not could I get a licence from Northumbria as I'm not resident in that county?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Argh! I hate that.

"Problems" can have solutions or work arounds.

"Issues"? WTF has that got to do with something that is faulty, out of alignment or otherwise not preforming as expeced?

Dave Liquorice

And solutions. Ugh.

And "passionate". I keep seeing a van that claims to be "Passionate about your laundry". I dunno - modern knicker-sniffers seem to have come out of the closet.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Our local supermarket has "meal solutions" written on a placard attached to the ready meal section of the fridge. Now call me daft, but isn't that soup?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Possibly dishwater. Or Guiness.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I thought that was 'only opportunities to grow' :-)#

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes its the javascript.

Stephen.

Reply to
stephen.hull

So you pay to have a waste licence and still have to pay at the tip.

Stephen.

Reply to
stephen.hull

That does makes sense though.

One of my local council tips ask you for your post code and if you are out of the post code area they refuse you access to their tip.

Stephen.

Reply to
stephen.hull