Pikey Radar

You do round here - weighbridge at the entrance and you pay for the difference.

Reply to
Skipweasel

I do hope no one ever lies .... :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

... and a challenge

Reply to
geoff

Teflon and Reekin won't let trailers or commercial vehicles (even if just a family with a Transit) into their tips without a slip. They come in wadges of half a dozen and you have to write to them and wait a week or so.

It's only inconvenient the first time.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Skipweasel wrote in news:MPG.27aaa2e64cadc2a898973e@188.40.43.213:

Our local council sends a little car window sticker oout with the council tax demand that grants free entry into the local tip - prvate vehicles cars/car+trailer and so forth only. If you loose it a new one can be obtained free and at times will also let you in with just a proof of ID.

All things considered not a bad approach.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , Chris Wilson writes

A case of "A Local Tip for Local People"?

Ian Jackson

I once parked outside a row of houses waiting for a learner. There was a bin in the layby so I emptied a few bits of litter from the car into the bin.

A rather Linda Snellish woman came out from a house and told me in no uncertain terms that the bin was only for the use of the residents and they didn't want any old passer by putting their litter in it. "This bin is for local people only."

This must have been around 1992 or 3 - well before The League of Gentlemen.

Reply to
Skipweasel

And here at just under =A350/tonne (inc land fill tax) for "general waste" with a minimum load of 1.5 tonne... And it has to be one of the three land fill sites in the county not one of the large HWRCs.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice