Photo story - incredible.

I'm sure you would have.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

But not approved for domestic use?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How can you be sure? The only evidence you have is his word for it. ;-)

Roger

Reply to
Roger R

Maybe if I write it down in a leaflet he will be sure

Reply to
Richard Conway

It that how you advertise your skills?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You should advertise your skills - wouldn't cost too much in column inches

Reply to
Richard Conway

The thermometer should be yours Ed!

Reply to
John

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That's because the plumbers who are supposed to install the stuff can't get it correct.

Reply to
dennis

Ed,

Does Gas Installer Magazine publish this sort of thing in an effort to expose bad professional practice or with a view to convincing the powers that be that gas regulation needs tightening because 'this is the sort of thing we get if amateurs are allowed to work on their own homes'?

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

They try both. They want a totally closed shop. In fact most of the pictures they show are done by people who have bee hired to do work. Very few have been done by responsible amateurs.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I'm not sure how yellow mains gas pipe is jointed, but it may be a rather complex process for domestic use?

Or perhaps the authorities have read about Drivels experiences with simple push fit plastic water pipes and decided to keep things as they are...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Correction. You don't know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I think that your reply just about sums up your skills :-)

Can't complete.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You obviously want idiotic drivel to continue. I bet you read Jeffery Archer books.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

East Asian I was told.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

So far they have got past first the hurdle on are now with the technical editor. The problem is that whilst the gas fitting is bad it's the water pipes that are really astounding. There are at least 6 or more 'At Risk' problems but in my opinion all of it together was worthy of 'ID', although correct fittings were used and it did not leak. The were at least another 3 'AR's on the cooker itself (lost its feet & gained a rocky wooden plinth).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I nearly made the comment that "doubtless 135 bends weren't in Wickes!"

Yes if properly clipped and properly sleeved through the walls.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

We have a winnahhhhhh !!!!!!!!!

(we could do with that adding to the FAQ I reckon !)

Reply to
Colin Wilson