You Hav To See This Man's Work To Believe It - honest

Found a link to this Master's site in Taunton's Knots forum. If you think you've seen most of the possible ways to hold two pieces of wood together - well think again. If you think that if you've seen a well executed dovetail joint you've seen them all - well think again. If you think you've already seen the nicest wood there is - thing again. If you think that Krenov couldn't possibly be out-Krenoved - you maybe want to think again. After you spend an hour or so on Yazawa's site you'll come away saying "DAMN that guy is a great woodworker - and truly a master of his craft!

you're a handtools junkie - check out his shop. Never saw so many Japanese saws in one place.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

*Yawn* Seen all that before.

Just kidding. Pretty spectacular.

"Finger joints"-- hahaha.

Reply to
boorite

I particularly like the finger joints.

Reply to
Gerald Ross

"charlie b" wrote

I am staring at the two hunks of ham at the end of each arm. Compared to this guy, I am an amputee. This guy has taken some hand crafts to a whole new level.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I like the edges of his work ... beautifully honest.

Reply to
Swingman

Beautiful work. Shows to go ya that the skill level of woodworkers has great variation. Earl Creel

Reply to
Earl Creel

Ditto. Perfectly machined edges are glaring to me these days.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Reply to
Dave Bugg

I am not worthy

Reply to
George Max

Damn, and I thought I knew at least a little about furniture making John

Reply to
John B

Charlie, thanks for pointing that one out. Amazing stuff alright.

Reply to
Dunnersbloke

Yep. They don't make them like they used to...oh wait, this guy is alive?! ;)

He combines superlative skill, an eye for proportion and design, and a sense of humor. I wonder if he has a sister....

RicodJour

If she has the skills and talents of her brother, she would be worthless in other regards....................

Reply to
Steve B

| After you spend an hour or so on | Yazawa's site you'll come away saying "DAMN that | guy is a great woodworker - and truly a master of | his craft! | |

site! Thanks for posting the link.

Morris Dovey

I have to say I'm feeling a bit inadequate myself. What an incredible craftsman.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

FOR SALE: I shed load of wood working tools, Only used by a complete amateur. :)

John

Reply to
John B

Its his patience that I admire - I have so little.

Dave

Teamcasa

To me, there is nothing wrong with having an attitude that "I am good at what I do. Not the best, but pretty good."

I do have an attitude with people who say, "I'm the best."

I believe if you involved Mr. Yazawa in a conversation, he would say, "Oh, I have a lot to learn," or "There are some who are far better than I," or 'Thank you, but I am only a beginner."

True talent on this scale is always tempered with modesty.

Untalented people always amuse me with their lack of humility.

You, Mr. Michaels are a person I am impressed with as much as Mr. Yazawa.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Can anyone give me an idea of how his "Trick Joint Box" goes together? It looks impossible! And how are those paper thin fingers cut?

Amazing is an expression of my limited vocabulary.

Reply to
Woodhead

Bullshit. I lack talent and have plenty of humility. In fact, it's my finest feature.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN