Photo story - incredible.

This has to be seen, you wouldn't believe it otherwise.

'm hoping that these pics will be accepted by the Gas Installer Magazine. An IR thermometer for me if they are.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Looks like grade D solder was used. Who fitted it? Illegal immigrants? Then you go and ruin it all by taking the cooker supply off the boiler supply. The boiler should have its own dedicated supply.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

WOW! all I can bring myself to say!

Henry

Reply to
Henry

Reply to
Chris Bacon

In article , Henry writes

Wow indeed, I love the final pic with the boiler flue just below the final destination, should have been some sort of clue that gas was available nearby.

Reply to
fred

I reckon Viz would run that as a photo story!

Awesome! =)

ETV

Reply to
Eric The Viking

Awesome! I particularly like the way the photos and piping get more and more implausible as you progress through the sequence!

David

Reply to
Lobster

I like the air gap in the gas pipe near the base of the soil stack and down spout.

I bet your roses are loving you ATM, B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

This is what I imagine passes for DIY in squatter camps like Soweto in South Africa! I'm going with the 'illegal immigrant' guess of the previous poster.

:-)

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Every time I have seen stuff like that, it have been a third worlder who did it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I was thinking it might have been you, except that it's not plastic.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I've seen quite a few of them and the above example takes the biscuit.

Reply to
news

Brilliant.

The boiler flue through the missing keystone of the arch amused me too. I hope the bricking in underneath is up to supporting the wall above.

Did you get any indication from the owner who did the installation?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Matt, it wasn't me as I would never take a cooker supply off a boiler pipe. That is looking for trouble.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That's all that's wrong with it then, is it?

Reply to
Richard Conway

Plastic would be OK. The thick yellow stuff that is. Preferably buried.

Reply to
dennis

Can't you figure what is wrong?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I don't think there is anything wrong with it - although I would have used 8mm microbore to save the bother of doing all those soldered joints.

Reply to
Richard Conway

In message , Ed Sirett writes

if Ed hadn't re-routed them internally.

Reply to
Graeme Eldred

Just a general observation on pipefittings. When I've done copper piping for water I found 45 degree bends invaluable for acheiving a much neater job, yet these don't seem widely available in the usual sheds.

Had 45 degree bends been available to who ever did the work in the photos the ridiculous arrangement of the water pipes might have been tidier, and the flattened bend in the gas pipe would have been avoided - not that a neater arrangement would have this work in any way acceptable.

I've never fitted any gas supply piping and don't know what is normal practice, but is exposed external copper pipe run supported by pipe clips ok?

Roger

Reply to
Roger R