Pedastal Washbasin fixing to wall.

Just unpacked a new pedastal basin and nothing to fix it to the wall?

There are no screw holes on the back, but it has two cutouts of about

3x2cms which are obviously intended for this purpose.

I have been around two sheds and looked and asked, but got the usual "Nutter", loose reaction.

Some sort of patch to be screwed to the wall on each side?

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
EricP

These slots are the fixing points. Usually the fixings come with the sinks. The normal fixing kit comprises of 2 large 'rawlplugs' (12 or 14mm diameter), 2 double ended bolts, one end like a normal (but bigger) screw and the other a standard bolt thread (10mm ish) with a spannering point in the middle, 2 rubber washers, 2 steel washers and 2 nuts. Hope that makes sense, I have looked around a couple of places on the web but cannot find a picture for you. Although I am suprised these aren't in with the sink, as I have never had one without.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Wickes do them, looks like plastic mushroom with a hole in the centre!

Basin fixing kit, I think there called!

Also screwfix also do them

Dave Jones

Thank you sir, I will fight my way to Wickes in the morning.. :)))

Cheers

Reply to
EricP

Many thanks for the info, and help. :))

Reply to
EricP

regular basis but NEVER thought to look in the *toilet* fittings section!!!

John

Reply to
John