Painting of plated shower rail

I have an antique gold shower rail, which is quite well fixed to the wall and ceiling. I intend to swap the taps and go to chrome and was thinking if there was a way to paint the rail to give an acceptable "silver" finish? Anyone, hammerite or another substance that I'm not aware of??
Thanks for any help