Oven (thermometers) again

There was a brief, and useful, exchange about over thermometers here the other day, and I'm going to get another oven thermometer to 'calibrate' our present one.

If, as we have always suspected, our oven (gas btw) is not reaching the correct temperatures, are there any adjustments that I could make, to get it to put out more heat? (apart, obviously, from turning it to Gas Mark 7 when we want Mark 4, for example)

Cheers John

Reply to
Another John

I've just updated the thread when I realised that most of the thermometers were designed to measure only the temperature inside food and didn't have a high enough temperature range to measure the top oven temperatures.

The choice at the moment seems to be the ETI (if the probe is O.K. outside food) or a multi-meter.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts