OT: Radio Auction

If there is any interest, TW Gaze of Diss, Norfolk are holding an auction of Radio and Gramophone items on Friday.

Remote bidding is possible, after registration.

Davey

In message , Davey writes

uk.radio.amateur.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Hopefully somebody can find something useful. Remote bidding is usually allowed until 9:30 am the day of the auction, but registration is required, and collection should be prompt if bidding is successful. Be aware that if any bids are placed online, then after all bids are placed, they must all be Submitted in a separate action. I got caught out the first time by not realising this, they have since improved the wording.

Good luck!.

Reply to
Davey

If they had pics of the unpictured items I'd most likely bid. Without them the item descriptions are pretty much meaningless.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Agreed, there are loads of their auctions without online images. It is expected, and the terms of bidding state, that a bidder is expected to inspect the items before bidding, and I can confirm that the images do not always give a really good idea of the actual condition of the items. Nothing is guaranteed to work. And they expect bidders, in the main, to be present, rather than online. But if anyone can find this auction of interest, that's good.

Reply to
Davey

I see some nice old `bakerlite` radio sets from 1930s,also a vintage Broadwood piano. Too far to travel with petrol at six kwid a gallon ! doug.

Reply to
doug

Look again tomorrow at the 'Archived' auctions to see what they went for. They might even be up later today.

--=20 Davey.

Reply to
Davey

I see many of the mixed lots of valves went for between =A3100 and =A3200 -= well over estimate, so must have been to someone who could inspect them!

Reply to
docholliday93