OT: Printing & scanning over Bluetooth?

Hi All,

I'm trying to help a mate who want's to locally 'remote' (same room) a Brother 'All in one' (printer / scanner / copier) thing from his laptop.

I'm pretty sure WiFi would do for the printing side (WiFi print server etc) but thought we may have to go to bluetooth to get the 'all in one' features?

Any thoughts please?

(I'm asking here as well as he's in a hurry to sort it out and I bet someone here has already done it (or tried it and failed))?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Maybe the wrong forum. That's not to say no-one will know, but.....

Try :

You'll get some reliable answers there.

Reply to
bilbo*baggins

A bluetooth-usb printer adaptor:

't guarantee that it'll work with all the features, but in theory it should - it just acts as a usb bridge over bluetooth.

It's hardly worth bothering with. Bluetooth is horribly slow. Roll on wireless USB (mid 2006).

Reply to
Grunff

Thanks for that Grunff .. like you say .. found this footnote ...

"Please note - this product is not guaranteed for use with multi-function printers. Use with these units will result in limited or no functionality"

I'll pass that on then .. ;-( (thanks though) ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Thanks for that .. might be handy for the future ...

T i m

Reply to
T i m