OT. Outlook 2007 crashing. Windows 7 64 bit

As in the heading.

Latest MS message says it has crashed 47 times and to install the latest updates. None to be found.

Has been happening for a month or more now. Sometimes frequently, other times no problem for a day or 2. Usually occurs soon after being opened but not always.

Have disabled most of the add-ons, uninstalled (very rarely used) IE9.

Cannot think of any changes I have made recently that would account for it but do have an erratic wirelessly connected HP J4680.

Anyone got similar problems or any idea of a solution. Don't think it has crashed when I have tried Outlook in safe mode but sometimes it doesn't crash for a couple of days anyway.

Reply to
Invisible Man

Run the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) and/or try starting Outlook in safe mode.

Are there any other notable errors in the system event log? (control panel / administrative tools / event viewer, Windows Logs, System and filter for errors only).

Reply to
Reentrant

Same setup as mine.. doesn't crash ever. Suggests a software corruption. Run windows repair and a good AV program (the linux scanner

should do it) Memory testing is next.

Reply to
dennis