OT Joke

When are you going to get to the joke?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

So is the shipping forecast.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The joke is supposed to be that the "writer" is more worried about who is going to do the dishes and mow the lawn than the fact that her husband is dead.

Reply to
charles

Remember he lives in the frozen north. In a Working Mens club coming from a Comedian who is trying to warm up an audience who are as cold as the husband in the tale it probably goes down well, the alternative entertainment being Karaoke or a Drag Queen boosting his pension. Most of the audience will be hypnotised by a mirror ball which is just as well since the smoking ban means the punters are no longer hidden from each other by a pall of smoke and can see how years of poor diet, toil and inbreeding has made them ugly.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Well, it's given you lot something to talk about. You have been entertained by a bad joke I live in the superior north. I've seen the south and you can keep it, but you already knew that.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Why do they still call them Working Mens Clubs? They are full of pensioners and unemployed people.

Reply to
ARW

Wales rather than the English industrial Counties but this Melancholic Music Video sums up that situation quite well.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg