OT: India joins the EU!

You still haven't got it, so I will try again

as is the case with most pan-European science projects

They have been linked by the Remoaners by their claim that when we leave the EU we will have no access to them, not by the leavers.

tim

Reply to
tim...

That is another brexit lie, while it may be more difficult for us to get EU funding for science projects in the UK its unlikely the EU will refuse us paying cash to them.

Reply to
dennis

What has EU cash for UK science projects got to do with anything? And why would we be paying cash to the EU for the likes of CERN? You smoking something again Den?

Reply to
Tim Streater

More than the rest of the brexiters posts.

Reply to
dennis

Really? Was it a 'remoaner' who started this thread then? No? Wonder just why that would be?

Easily answered. Still desperately trying to convince themself they made the right decision. Despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And?

That certainly smacks of desperation on your part. Assuming 'remoaners' think something not controlled by the EU is controlled by the EU. You really should stop believing the Express.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Without the the fact that it's the remoaners who insist that by leaving the EU, we will be shut out of all research in Europe, no one would have bothered with this thread. Thass the point, see, Dave. Just like that no one would have bothered to make Fawlty Towers had not Basil been just like too many hoteliers.

Reply to
Tim Streater

And I pointed you to a web page which *claimed* that CERN was at risk if we left the EU.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The issue isn't about getting EU funds for UK based research, (no one expects that to continue)

it's about access to pan-European research projects.

And the reason that is important isn't "to get our grubby hands on some EU funding" (because mostly, they aren't funded by the EU). It's about the opportunity to gain higher professional status, both by individuals and by their sponsoring institution, that can be gained by contributing to the mega projects that are, inevitably, only affordable on a collaborative basis.

If we aren't getting a return why would we be paying the cash then?

Reply to
tim...

I am not making that assumption at all

There is more than one source claiming that it will happen. Including some respected scientific journals

tim

Reply to
tim...

15 years after Blair and the EU, and Gore and Climate change, there are no respected scientific journals.

Science itself has fallen into disrepute, since its become clear that scientists are for hire and will say whatever they are paid to say.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes and its only the brexiters who maintain the lie about it.

More brexiteer lies about us not getting a return on investment I see.

Maybe you need it written on the side of a bus?

Reply to
dennis

Well it is. Our contribution is now worth a lot less than it was and if the pound falls further it will be worth even less. Someone has to make up the shortfall if it isn't going to be at risk. The EU aren't likely to as its not an EU project. Maybe brexiteers think we should just up our contribution out of the £350M we save by writing it on the side of a bus?

Reply to
dennis

Our contribution is probably costed in Swiss Francs. So we just pay more pounds than we did.

Reply to
charles

Right. Believe something so it becomes the 'truth'. Then publish that belief as fact. And continue to make things up to support your original flawed belief.

Yes of course. All hotelliers are like basil Faulty. Thanks for confirming you are so far removed from reality.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No one is denying it may happen with some. Depends on how such things are set up - and if by the EU.

It's just typical BREXIT optimism that the UK can demand which parts of the EU it may or may not want to be 'part' of after leaving.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Our contribution is in Swiss Francs so any change to the exchange rate is our problem. This has always been the case.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No that's you Dave, with more of your "if it's not black it must be white" bullshit. Point out where I said "All hoteliers are like Basil Fawlty". A careful reading (beyond your capabilities, apparently) shows that I didn't.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Suddenly, you want to take note of experts. When it suits you.

Most sensible people would realise that some projects initialised by the EU that the UK is currently in may carry on much as before, even after we leave. And some may not.

But perhaps you'd explain how this would relate to CERN?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You need to put that on a 'web page'.

Apparently, Turnip believes everything he reads on those.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)