OT: India joins the EU!

Still didn’t stop either of them doing it.
On Saturday, 26 November 2016 09:01:50 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

?

?

n and

How do you know it didn't work ? Those that suffered that penalty never commited that crime again.
unlike those that don;t reciebe the penalty. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2421516/Criminals-bail-commit-seven -murders-Suspects-released-courts-responsible-crime-minutes-including-rapes -A-WEEK.html
Please explain in yuor usualy inept way how someone escapes from their grav e to reoffend ? Is that why we have BREXIT because of guy falks comeong back to reoffend ?

Because people kept getting hung drawn and quartered after that penalty was introduced.
Same with the US states that still have a death penalty, people keep doing the crimes that have that as penalty.
<reams of your mindless silly shit flushed where it belongs>

Fawkes
On Monday, 28 November 2016 20:16:30 UTC, tim... wrote:

job

.

rawn and

even-murders-Suspects-released-courts-responsible-crime-minutes-including-r apes-A-WEEK.html

fawk 'andles
On 26/11/2016 08:31, harry wrote:

The penalty is enough, the chances of being caught are too low. If you were caught very time you used the phone while driving you would soon stop, the same with speeding and other offences.

Not even possible to enforce laws like that.

Corse it has a choice on paying to enforce those laws.

So are you stating quite categorically there are no EU projects that we are currently in that we won't be denied access to after leaving?
Or are you just one of those that thinks *everything* in Europe is controlled by the EU?
--
*I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize *

I absolutely did not "categorical say" that there are no EU projects that we are involved in
you need to go back to school to learn comprehension, it is all there in the PP.
tim

Just trying in vain to get some numbers from one who obviously knows. Not the usual guesswork. And I was referring to EU projects specifically. But I'd guess you're just one of those optimists that think leaving the EU will have no effect on the things the UK doesn't want effected.

--
*They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Nice shimmy, Dave. CERN is not an EU project, so why are you mentioning EU projects?
--
"People don't buy Microsoft for quality, they buy it for compatibility
with what Bob in accounting bought last year. Trace it back - they buy

Can you actually follow a thread? I never mentioned CERN.
--
*I love cats...they taste just like chicken.

You didn't; the OP did.

In connection with the EU.
--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Possibly. Possibly not. We will lose our membeship of the following organisations, and whilst the response in some cases is "Good!" and in others "Meh", it will nonetheless be the case that we will have to set up, staff & fund all the others;
European Agency for Safety and Health at Work European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions European Environment Agency European Institute of Innovation and Technology European Training Foundation European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction European Medicines Agency European Union Intellectual Property Office[ Community Plant Variety Office Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union European Food Safety Authority European Maritime Safety Agency European Aviation Safety Agency European Network and Information Security Agency European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control European GNSS Agency European Railway Agency European Fisheries Control Agency European Chemicals Agency European Institute for Gender Equality European Defence Agency European Institute for Security Studies European Union Satellite Centre European Police College European Police Office European body for the enhancement of judicial co-operation Fundamental Rights Agency Body of European Regulators of Electronic Communications European Systemic Risk Board Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators European Banking Authority European Securities and Markets Authority European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority European Asylum Support Office European Agency for the operational management of large-scale IT Systems in the area of freedom, security and justice[ European Border and Coast Guard Agency
--
Today is Boomtime, the 35th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3182
I don't have an attitude problem.

We don't have a Health & Safety Executive?

We don't have an Environment Agency?

We don't have an MHRA?

We don't have a Patents Office?

We don't have a Food Safety Authority?

We don't have a CAA?

We don't have an NHS?

Aarrgh ... unfortunately we *do* have an Equalities Commission, or whatever it is called now.

Bloooaaaghhh ...
--
Jack

On 23/11/16 18:03, Handsome Jack wrote:

Is THAT where the £350m was going? Bloody bad value for money.

The issue isn't one of whether we will have to "staff" an office to do the same administrative task. It is clear that for many things, that we will.
It is that, it is claimed, our scientist community will lose out because we will no longer be able to participate on the mega projects that are performed on a pan-European basis (both directly, by individuals not having the opportunity gain work on the project and indirectly by losing the opportunity for our education establishments to interacted with the large numbers of foreign experts working on the project).
As the home of the best crop of universities in Europe, by a country mile, I find the idea that these projects will freeze us out because we leave the EU as laughable. And that's before you consider that many of these projects are not funded by the EU budget but by the consortium of countries involved in project "paying in and taking out" in an approximately fair manner.
tim
On 23/11/2016 12:21, tim... wrote:

That isn't what was claimed, that is just brexiteers making up project fear.
What was said was that there were doubts about EU investment in projects in the UK. What we invest in is up to us and the EU will be quite happy to take the cash.
You brexiteers really must be desperate to convince us that project fear was more than your imaginations.

Which would mean the EU would be happy to take cash from anyone on any project. I wouldn't be too sure about that. For all sorts of reasons they might well want to keep such things totally under their control.

--
*Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.