My very first merbile fern kerl

Tried my new IRIDIUM 9555 satellite phone today and although I could get a signal in my conservatory, reception was garbage, so I went outside and got a full 5 bars. Rang her indoors and apart from the 3 sec time lag, it was as clear as a bell. Just got to use up the remaining 48m before they vanish in 23 days.

Simon Mason

I notice that this month a new Iridium sat phone satellite is being launched. Who is funding this these days, for ages it seemed to be a dead in the water system. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

at a grand for the phone and 2 quid a minute and a quid a text, only explorers could justify one (although charging it each day could be a problem), a few flares to supplement a mobile phone would be better value for the average Joe.

Reply to
MrCheerful