OT Beer

A bloody Coke at 9 o'clock in the morning!

Changed times indeed, John.

(I didn't realise you frequented this NG as well, by the way)

Reply to
johnty

Completely irrelevant, but on the radio at lunchtime they were saying that this week is the 70th anniversary of the beer can. Apparently a Welsh brewery put beer in cans, but not for drinking from, only for pouring into a glass.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

You mean you drink straight from the can? How shocking!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Aye, bloody disgrace. I mean, where was the meths/cider/ruby wine ?

From time to time. Mostly to see if a certain entertainer is still keeping up his end. He is...

Reply to
John Laird

I dropped one of them once off the carrier on my motorbike. It survived the fall, but the opening was dramatic

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Yup, as we used to say a "tourist measure" in many parts of the continent esp Holland.

Reply to
OldBill

I wouldn't call anything in 330ml cans ( or 500ml for that matter ) "beer". Its just water, colouring a bit of alcohol. Keeps the chavs happy though.

Reply to
OldBill

"David Lang" wrote in news:hshAe.141202$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Googling "440 ml" came up with this:

appears to suggest that 440 ml is one breastful. Any connection with beer is probably tenuous....

Reply to
Rod

"Bitty"!

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Owain wrote;

ROFLMAO!!!!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

LOL. Probably the only way to get a head on it.

Reply to
johnty

Good point - it was certainly effective.

Those were the days

mike

Reply to
mike ring