OT; Bad company name

Noticed in local Yellow Pages, ready mixed concrete firm called:

Jim'll Mix It.

Oh dear :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

've been around for years, i think I've used them in the distant past. I actually Googled them last week to see if they'd kept the name.

Reply to
Onetap

Jim=92ll Mix It=92s MD Jimmy Taylor told CN he had =93no intention of changing=94 the brand name.

When asked whether the association with the late Jimmy Savile could harm his business, Mr Taylor said: =93What is Jimmy Savile to do with me?=94

=93I am who I am. I=92m in concrete, my name=92s Jim.=94

Owain

Reply to
Owain

> Owain

I noticed a card in a local shop window, which has been there for a while, advertising small removals, called "Jim'll Shift It", has been removed!

Regards

Syke

Reply to
Syke

I saw one of their lorries in London last week. I also thought 'oh dear'!

Reply to
AlanD

much of this allegation been from an undercurrent of people trying to "jump on the bandwagon" and gain some money from his (probably very large) estate?

It just seems odd that ALL accusation occured after his death.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Yes I know, and there have been stories for years of people having to earn their entry into the parties some of the stars and djs threw back in the 70s etc. Its all down to temptation and the purks of being famous. So many have succumbed.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I think there were many allegations before he died but, since a dead person can't sue for libel, they were only published after he died.

There probably wasn't enough evidence to prosecute and the newspapers wouldn't want to get into a libel suit for something they couldn't prove. Undoubtedly, many are jumping on the 'Jim fixed me' bus.

Reply to
Onetap

It's no longer about Saville, more about all the snakes in the pit biting each other.

Reply to
stuart noble

Chances are you will never be able to prove anything in the legal sense since he can't stand trial.

There will almost certainly be some of that happening, but it seems unlikely that accounts for all.

The fact the various police investigations seem to be taking it seriously would suggest that there was corroborating evidence brought by independent witnesses / victims - and possibly with details that are not in the public domain.

IIUC there was plenty of undercurrent of suggestion, rumour, doubt etc expressed during his life time.

Many cases are going to be difficult to judge since they happened in a very different age with very different accepted norms of behaviour.

Reply to
John Rumm

The police love all that. A nice little gravy train with lots of overtime. Just add it to the list of pointless tasks they waste their time on

Reply to
stuart noble

Most was known about before he died by peole were paid off or threatened. A friend of mine knew about his necrophilla back in 2005.

It's onyl now anyone will believe it, of course there will be peole jumping on teh bandwagon but iof they'ev been abuse they should be allowed to climb on.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Not heard mention of that before... still its one way to make sure you don't get complaints from the victim I suppose!

Reply to
John Rumm

that would explain the investigation into why the dpp dropped the case while he was alive then?

Reply to
dennis

Doesn't sound like a waste of time if there really was a sex ring at the beeb. You didn't work there so why worry?

Reply to
dennis

You only get to hear about it when Some rotten body splits on them.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

I'm paying for it, that's why I worry. A bit bloody late to be wheeling out a bunch of geriatrics isn't it? The BBC created and nurtured the monster, and now he's dead. Let's just make sure the current crop of non entities don't get too big for their boots.

Reply to
stuart noble

Compensayshun...........

Reply to
harry

can't sue for libel, they were only published after he died.

wouldn't want to get into a libel suit for something they couldn't prove. Undoubtedly, many are jumping on the 'Jim fixed me' bus.

Newspapers seem ready enough to print rubbish and be sued in many other cases. Why were they so reluctant in this case?

Reply to
djc

is Bill Oddie on the story. Quite a contrast (and in my opinion fair comment) to David Icke (a man with serious problems of his own by the sound of it.)

Reply to
Weatherlawyer