OT: Apple Mac computers

No it's the little people at the bottom of his garden....

Reply to
Andy Hall

The particularly torturing thing is that he will never know which it is ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

If you look at the specs they aren't very rugged. They do it by having big heads and have little capacity as a result. I wouldn't think anyone would buy those when you can get solid state disks in similar sizes.

Reply to
dennis

Mostly for windows though.

Ok. the stylish thick ones don't offer very good protection. Is that better?

They don't because there is no shock protection between the case and the drive on most of them.. why not? because it makes them twice as big and people don't buy twice as big. You may as well drop the drive onto the floor it will have the same results as most of the stylish cases.

Reply to
dennis

Hi did :-)

I'd be happy to post it somewhere so others could access it, if I knew where - its a Word doc - although I think John has a PDF copy.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

How effing rugged do they have to be to be ruggedised? I was not suggesting they were ideal for all purposes.

Somehow, I have a touch more faith in Seagate's management knowing the market than you.

Reply to
Rod

I do...

here:

John Rumm

Nope. There are plenty with Mac clients. Certainly all of the major VPN gateway vendors have this.

Not really. You meant stylish thin ones.

This depends on the one that you buy.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I meant either, the thin ones were just an example not a definitive list. If you want a definitive list you can go elsewhere.

Go on then which one do you recommend?

Reply to
dennis

The one his sister has. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Huge

Yoo's wrong, yoo is. 'Coz that's what I do.

Reply to
Huge

Now *you're* arguing with an idiot.

Reply to
Huge

Well yes. But Microsoft are not in the business of telling companies how to manage their HR. They are in the business of selling tools that their customers will buy. /That/ is why there is a commercial advantage for MS to put Outlook on a Mac.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

snipped-for-privacy@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

Yes, and I knew before Google and Wikipedia existed.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

No they won;t, not until the 1TG ones are sold in pound shops.

Reply to
whisky-dave

In that situation you'ld be more interested in destroying the data, rather than backing it up, to prevent it falling into the wrong hands.

MBQ

OK then I'll install windoze on it. ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

I know why they were developed the same reason glass negs were 'developed' for photography purposes ;-P

Reply to
whisky-dave

There may be a case, M$ have decided otherwise.

Reply to
dennis

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

That's good, when did you write one? For which machine? My first one was in ASM86 before you could get 8086 processors. You won't win the my dad is bigger than yours argument if you want to talk about computers. I have been designing computer bits since before bit slice was about and my first CPU cards were in TTL logic. Note I said CPU cards, they didn't use CPUs they made CPUs. Do you know what bit slice is? do you know what barrel shifters are? do you know what microcode is? Now go away and blow your trumpet in a football group.

Reply to
dennis